Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” (Genesis 4:9 NIV84)
Cain’s denial before God of the murder of his brother is one of the famous lines in Scripture. What motivated Cain to take such drastic actions? Why was God more pleased with Abel than Cain? We continue this Sunday to contemplate the extend of Adam’s sin as we look at his sons in Genesis 4. Please read the passage in advance so you will get more out of Joshua Russell’s teaching.
19.02 Gen 4-6.4 God’s Severe Mercy
26.02 Gen 6-9 A New Hope?
05.03 Gen 10-11 We Built This City…
12.03 Gen 12 The dawn of Justification
“Living with Anxiety” Conference – This Saturday
Date: Sat 18th February
Cost: $10 (includes afternoon tea)
RSVP: Church Office or email email@example.com
Ministry Apprentice Program Night
On Monday 20th February at 7:30pm, our Ministry Apprentices will be sharing about their vision and plans for 2017. Since they are dependent on the prayers and direct financial support of individuals, we want to encourage you to attend, so that you might know their needs and hear how you might pray for them.
Since we are particularly responsible for supporting Rusdyan Cocks’ ministry amongst us this year, it will be worthwhile finding out how we as a congregation can train and equip him for a life of serving our Lord.
For more details, please see the MAP Night page.
Friends of Northmead – Managing Arthritis
During the first half of the year, we’ve planned a series of training days for all congregations. The goal is to know what we’re doing, how we’re doing it and make sure we’re serving to the best of our growing abilities. Those expected to be involved will be invited and information about these events will be made available closer to the events.
Sat 25th Feb – Music Training Day (10am-2pm at Thomas Street building)
Sun 5th Mar – Service Leaders Training afternoon (2-4pm at Thomas Street building)
Sun 2nd Apr – Kids Spot Training afternoon
Sun 30th Apr – Welcomers Training afternoon
Sat 3rd June – Leaders Training Day
Sun 4th June – Prayers Training afternoon
These training events are open for all members of Northmead Anglican Churches. Please let Mark or Jann know if one of these is an area where you are interested in serving.
Dates for your Diary
- Sat 18 – NCEA Prayer Breakfast (St Johns Parramatta 7:30am)
- Mon 20 – MAP Supporters Night
- Sat 25 – Music Ministry Training
- Sun 5 – Winston Hills Newcomers’ Lunch
- Sun 5 – Service Leaders Training
- Tues 15 – Friends of Northmead
- Tues 21 – Western Sydney Region Annual Women’s Autumn Dinner
- Sat 25 – Winston Hills Beach Day
- Wed 29 – Northmead Anglican Churches AGM
FIVE Prayer Points
- Pray for ourselves and those around us who still struggle with sin and its consequences, holding to the assurance of salvation through Jesus Christ. Pray for those who are grieving and mourning after having lost friends or family.
- Please pray that those Christians who serve us in our Gospel Teams and in our gatherings will be continually equipped and strengthened with God’s Word. Pray for the various training events in the first half of the year.
- Thank God for the visit from Tony and the Fijian Team last December, that we were able to meet with those Tony is training and equipping with the gospel. Pray for their preparation for the new academic year and success in reaching students for Christ.
- Please pray for the Friends of Northmead event that it may be of interest to our non-Christian friends and family. Pray that may be an interesting topic and an opportunity to form friendship networks.
- Praise God for those who have helped the Groombridges move this past week into their new home.