If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Romans 14.8
One of the great things about being a Christian is that God not only draws us near to himself in Jesus, but he also draws us near to each other. This means that we belong to Jesus and are given a place in his eternal kingdom, and we belong to each other and are united in a new community called church.
At Northmead Anglican we believe that being part of church means being passionate disciples of Jesus Christ who are committed to gathering, growing, giving and going. As a church family we know that everyone is part of God’s purpose to share his love and bring glory to Jesus Christ. We are all partners together in the gospel. For us this looks like:
- Gathering through gospel proclamation – being committed to coming along regularly to one of our public Church gatherings as well as bringing and welcoming others church
- Growing through gospel discipleship – being committed to growing as a Christian and as a passionate disciple of Christ, particularly through a Bible Study group, as well as being eager to see others grow as passionate disciples of Christ
- Giving in gospel community – serving as part of a devoted gospel community that loves God as well as generously giving our time, money and gifts to love others
- Going in gospel mission – being motivated and equipped to go out with the saving message of Jesus Christ our Lord even as we support and equip others to go out
Belonging to church means we love to gather because Jesus is our shepherd who has gathered us to himself. We invest in making and maturing disciples because Jesus died and rose so that we can grow into maturity and fruitfulness in him. We are a giving community because Jesus has given himself and the gift of forgiveness and eternal life to us. We take the gospel wherever we go because Jesus is the Saviour and Lord that the whole world needs to know.
To find out more about what it means to belong to Jesus at Northmead Anglican, please contact us or come along to any of our gatherings.
For you were called to be free, brothers; only don’t use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love. Galatians 5.13
One of the best ways to be part of church is to get involved. They say if you want to move from feeling like you come to church to feeling like you are the church, then get involved and serve. We want to be a community that shares our lives, shares our joys and hardships, and shares a clear purpose because we are united in Christ.
There are many different ways to serve at Northmead Anglican but we believe it all starts with a transformed heart that is selfless and sacrificial like Jesus and desires to do good for others.
So we need you. From mowing the lawns to leading Bible study groups, from kid’s ministry to welcoming newcomers, from being on the roster to just getting in and doing what needs to be done there are plenty of ways that you can be involved.
To find out more contact us.
“Therefore I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; that’s why she loved much. But the one who is forgiven little, loves little.” Luke 7.47
Financially supporting the work of the gospel that takes place at Northmead Anglican Churches is a really important way to express both our passion for Christ and our partnership together.
- We give because we love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and we are passionately committed to growing disciples of Christ.
- We give not because we are commanded to but we give freely because we have come to know how worthy Jesus is of our worship and adoration.
- We give because we know how much God has given us in Jesus.
- We give knowing that it’s not so much about the amount but rather that we let love, grace and thankfulness flow out of hearts.
- We give because we are partners together in the gospel and in the mission of growing people passionate for Christ.
- We give to support the work of the ministry staff who teach us and shepherd us in the gospel.
To find out more about where giving goes to and how to set up your giving to church, please contact us. To set up your own electronic transfer use the following account details
2 ways to give:
Account Name: Northmead Anglican Church
BSB: 062 279
Account No.: 1008 2734
Please indicate the gathering you attend & your name (optional).
You can give via cash or cheque at any of our Sunday gatherings via the giving boxes.
Offertory envelopes are available upon request from the church office.