Genesis – The Origins of Everything
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)
The opening verse of the Bible makes a statement that complete transforms our understanding of the world and ourselves. God created everything. The opening chapter of the Bible shows us the order and purpose which God formed the formless.
Who, then, are we? This week Joshua Johnston will be teaching us from Genesis 2 about God’s unique relationship and role for mankind in this creation.
5.02 Gen 2 The Beginning of Us
12.02 Gen 3 Paradise Lost
19.02 Gen 4-6.4 God’s Severe Mercy
26.02 Gen 6-9 A New Hope?
FIVE Ministry Apprentices 2017
This year the pastoral staff team will see some changes. Actually, we might say there hasn’t strictly been a FIVE staff team – just Mark. This year Andrew Frank will be assisting Mark (in a part-time capacity) and Rusdyan Cocks is joining us as a FIVE Ministry Apprentice.
At this stage, many of the details about Andrew’s and Rusdyan’s areas of ministry and responsibilities have not been finalised. However they are now serving amongst us in an official capacity, so if you require assistance or would like them to visit your non-Christian friends or Gospel Teams, then please feel free to ask them.
The oversight and leadership team will not be changing. So Steve, Andrew, Jann, Carol and Mark will continue to oversee FIVE’s growth and service in Jesus Christ.
Safe Ministry Training
Children are highly valued by God and deserve the strongest possible protection in our churches and ministries.
As we work to orient young people for life, it is essential that all people involved in Anglican ministry to the vulnerable, including children and teenagers, are thoroughly equipped and trained with approved Safe Ministry training.
All people working with children or youth in ministry, including ministers and assistant ministers, are required to complete Safe Ministry Essentials, and then every three years undertake Safe Ministry Refresher training.
If you intend to work with the vulnerable at NAC this year, then you are required to complete this training. Jacquie Sperinck will have contacted those who are required to do the refresher course. The details are:
Safe Ministry Essentials – Saturday 8.30am-3pm in the Northmead church building
Safe Ministry Refresher – Monday 13th Feb, 7.30-9.30pm in the Northmead church building
If you require information about the training, please contact Jacquie Sperinck at the church office.
Rectory Working Bee
Before Adrian Russell’s family move into the rectory, it will require some work.
If you can paint, clean, dig, sweep, compliment, build, restore, polish, lift, pour, encourage, or perform tasks that will help us prepare the rectory, then please join us on Saturday 4th and 11th from 9am. 7 Thomas St, Northmead.
Ministry Apprentice Program Night
On Monday 20th February at 7:30pm, our Ministry Apprentices will be sharing about their vision and plans for 2017. Since they are dependent on the prayers and direct financial support of individuals, we want to encourage you to attend, so that you might know their needs and hear how you might pray for them.
Since we are particularly responsible for supporting Rusdyan Cocks’ ministry amongst us this year, it will be worthwhile finding out how we as a congregation can train and equip him for a life of serving our Lord.
For more details, please see the MAP Night page.
Dates for your Diary
- Sat 4 – Rectory Working Bee
- Mon 6 – ESL restarts
- Sat 11 – Safe Ministry Training
- Sat 11 – Rectory Working Bee
- Mon 13 – Safe Ministry Refresher
- Mon 20 – MAP Supporters Night
- Sat 25 – Music Ministry Training
- Mon 29 – FIVE Gospel Team Leaders Meeting
- Tues 15 – Friends of Northmead
- Wed 29 – Northmead Anglican Churches AGM
FIVE Prayer Points
- Praise God as the Creator, who sent his Son as a man in order to save us from sin and bring us into true eternal paradise (Rev 21-22).
- Please pray for our key evangelistic activities (e.g. ESL, Playgroup, SRE, etc) as well as our children and youth ministries as they start up this week. Pray that our brothers and sisters in Christ will have the opportunity to clearly proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Please pray for Andrew Frank and Rusdyan Cocks as they serve us this year.
- Please pray for our Queen, governments (Fed, state, local), and those who work in our governments that they may administer peace and justice so that we might be able to proclaim Jesus (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
- Pray for our Congregational Discipleship Team as they seek to implement the feedback we discussed at the end of last year