Genesis – The Origins of Everything
Abraham returns to the Promised Land from a poor performance in Egypt (Genesis 12). Will he now remain faithful to God’s promises as his nephew Lot offers to settle in the best parts of the land? Please read Genesis 13-14 in preparation for our time together on Sunday.
19.03 Gen 13-14 The Beginning of the Blessing
26.03 New Series: Living With Purpose – Living for God and his Glory
02.04 Living with Purpose – To Share God and Make Him Known
09.04 Living with Purpose – Belonging to God and his Family
Updated rosters for March and April have been uploaded on our resources page. It is worthwhile printing them off, highlighting your name and tossing a reminder in your phone so you’re prepared and ready to serve.
Missionary Prayer Breakfast – Sat 25th March
Please join us at 7.30am at the Thomas Street building to hear about and pray for our missionaries. Breakfast included. All welcome.
Winston Hills Beach Day – Sat 25th March
We plan to head down to the coast, gather on the beach at Mona Vale (parking around Surf Lifesaving Club on Surfview Road) from 11am on Saturday 25th March. Please bring your own drinks and picnic lunch. Of course, toss in the boogie board and swimmers. From 1:30pm we will have some organised fun together, including a mysterious man cover in something delicious!
Wet Weather Plans: If it is unfortunately raining on Saturday 25th March, the event will be postponed until Term 2.
Kitchen Aids for ESL (Monday mornings)
Are you available on Monday mornings to support our ESL outreach ministry? The ESL team is looking for a few people to run the kitchen, prepare morning tea, and be available to chat with anyone who joins the program. Please contact Mark at the office or Denise Carpenter (0431 737 559) if you can help or would be willing to join a roster.
Usher and Assistance at Woodberry Village Sunday service
Because of the failing health of those that help out in welcoming people, guiding people to a seat, and so on, we need volunteers to help out. Would your Gospel Team consider this as an opportunity to reach out to the residents at Woodberry with the gospel? We are looking for 1-2 volunteers for each Sunday service whose names would be added to the roster. Please contact Don Barker if you could assist with this.
During the first half of the year, we’ve planned a series of training days for all congregations. The goal is to know what we’re doing, how we’re doing it and make sure we’re serving to the best of our growing abilities. Those expected to be involved will be invited and information about these events will be made available closer to the events.
Sun 2nd Apr – Kids Spot Training afternoon
Sun 30th Apr – Welcomers Training afternoon
Sat 3rd June – Leadership Team Training Day
Sun 4th June – Prayers Training afternoon
These training events are open for all members of Winston Hills. Please let Mark know if one of these is an area where you are interested in serving.
Western Sydney Region Annual Women’s Autumn Dinner
Tickets can be purchased online here for the dinner. For more information, please speak with Rochelle.
Dates for your Diary
- Tues 21 – Western Sydney Region Annual Women’s Autumn Dinner
- Sat 25 – Missionary Prayer Breakfast
- Sat 25 – Winston Hills Beach Day
- Wed 29 – Northmead Anglican Churches AGM
- Sat 1 – Friends of Northmead Parramatta Picnic
- Sun 2 – Kids’ Spot Training seminar
- Fri 14 – Good Friday service (9:30am)
- Sun 16 – Resurrection Sunday service (9:30am)
- Mon 17-Fri 21 – Forge Youth Camp
- Sun 30 – Welcomers Training seminar
WHAC Prayer Points
Devote yourselves to prayer; stay alert in it with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, pray also for us that God may open a door to us for the message, to speak the mystery of the Messiah, for which I am in prison, 4 so that I may reveal it as I am required to speak. (Colossians 4:2-4 HCSB)
- Pray for boldness to take the opportunity to invite non-Christian friends and family along to our Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday services. Pray that our gatherings over that weekend will clearly explain the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the parents, grandparents, carers and children that come along to Tuesday Playmornings. Pray that as relationships are built with non-Christian people in this relaxed environment, that they will be interested in hearing about Jesus.
- Pray for the Northmead Anglican Church staff who will be away together next week to prepare and plan for parish activities in the second half of this year.
- Praise God for the rain he provides as well as the sunny days. Pray that our Beach Day will be blessed with fine weather so that we may enjoy our time together.
- Pray for those who have been sick, unemployed, mourning or struggling in life under many trials. Pray that they may particularly have faith to trust in Jesus through these things.