Genesis – The Origins of Everything
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.(Genesis 2:4)
Last week we started looking at the record of the heavens and the earth. The phrase “these are the generations of…” is used by Moses to divide up the sections in Genesis. In this section (Genesis 2:4-4:26), God tells us many significant things about his plans and purposes for mankind.
And at the centre of this section, we’re told about Adam’s sin which impacts his relationship with God, his relationship with the creation, his relationship with Eve, and it impacts us. Please read Genesis 3 in advance so that you might benefit in understanding God’s Word to us when we gather on Sunday.
12.02 Gen 3 Paradise Lost
19.02 Gen 4-6.4 God’s Severe Mercy
26.02 Gen 6-9 A New Hope?
05.03 Gen 10-11 We Built This City…
Safe Ministry Training
Children are highly valued by God and deserve the strongest possible protection in our churches and ministries.
As we work to orient young people for life, it is essential that all people involved in Anglican ministry to the vulnerable, including children and teenagers, are thoroughly equipped and trained with approved Safe Ministry training.
All people working with children or youth in ministry, including ministers and assistant ministers, are required to complete Safe Ministry Essentials, and then every three years undertake Safe Ministry Refresher training.
If you intend to work with the vulnerable at NAC this year, then you are required to complete this training. Jacquie Sperinck will have contacted those who are required to do the refresher course. The details are:
Safe Ministry Essentials – Saturday 9am-3pm in the Northmead church building
Safe Ministry Refresher – Monday 13th Feb, 7.30-9.30pm in the Northmead church building
If you require information about the training, please contact Jacquie Sperinck at the church office.
Rectory Working Bee
Before Adrian Russell’s family move into the rectory, it will require some work.
If you can paint, clean, dig, sweep, compliment, build, restore, polish, lift, pour, encourage, or perform tasks that will help us prepare the rectory, then please join us on Saturday 11th from 9am. 7 Thomas St, Northmead.
The Groombridge family will also be moving to 11 Lister Street, Winston Hills over the coming week. If you have some time on Sunday afternoon to help shift small items, or might be able to help clean their rental place in Baulkham Hills on Thurs 16th, please contact Rochelle.
Women’s Conference – Living with Anxiety
Date: Sat 18th February
Cost: $10 (includes afternoon tea)
RSVP: Church Office or email email@example.com
Ministry Apprentice Program Night
On Monday 20th February at 7:30pm, our Ministry Apprentices will be sharing about their vision and plans for 2017. Since they are dependent on the prayers and direct financial support of individuals, we want to encourage you to attend, so that you might know their needs and hear how you might pray for them.
Since we are particularly responsible for supporting Rusdyan Cocks’ ministry amongst us this year, it will be worthwhile finding out how we as a congregation can train and equip him for a life of serving our Lord.
For more details, please see the MAP Night page.
Dates for your Diary
- Thurs 9 – Germinate (Years 1-4) begins
- Fri 10 – Boost (Years 5-6) begins
- Sat 11 – Safe Ministry Training
- Sat 11 – Rectory Working Bee
- Mon 13 – Safe Ministry Refresher
- Mon 20 – MAP Supporters Night
- Sat 25 – Music Ministry Training
- Sun 5 – Service Leaders Training
- Tues 15 – Friends of Northmead
- Tues 21 – Western Sydney Region Annual Women’s Autumn Dinner
- Wed 29 – Northmead Anglican Churches AGM
FIVE Prayer Points
- Praise God that through the gospel of Jesus Christ he provides (eternal) life, a place (in heaven), a purpose (praise of our Creator and Jesus) and a co-worker (Jesus Christ).
- Please pray for our children and youth ministries as they start up this week. Pray that our children will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ clearly proclaimed.
- Please pray for Rusdyan Cocks and the other Ministry Apprentices (John Kim, Sam O, Dan Sperinck and Alex Hitchcock) as they serve us this year.
- Please pray for our Bible Colleges (Moore College, Sydney Mission & Bible College) as they prepare for the new year. Pray that the students will grow in their love and knowledge of Jesus Christ, seeking to serve him throughout the nations.
- Pray for the formation of the new leadership teams at WHAC that godly disciples of Christ will be given the opportunity to guide, serve and grow them (1 Tim 3:8-13).