Why Have a Church ‘Vision’?
At Northmead Anglican Church we trust completely in the power and wisdom of God to bring about his glorious plans and purposes through the message of Jesus Christ crucified. So our Vision is not so much about what we can do for God, but about what God will do in and through us as we commit ourselves together into his hands to be part of his mission.
Our 2020 Vision is a way of expressing who we are as a church that belongs to Jesus and where we are going under his rule. As it expresses the gospel message this Vision gives us something to shape our life and focus our decision making.
Most of all, it’s our way of reflecting that as God’s people we have a mission: to make disciples of all nations as we go into the world.
Our Defining Reality – Jesus Christ is Lord
The Bible teaches us that Jesus Christ is God’s anointed King, who was crucified for our sin and gloriously resurrected. We are promised that he will come to judge the world and that now he offers forgiveness and new life to everyone.
This amazing reality is made up of two epic truths:
- that Jesus, God’s Son, came and died on the cross to love and save us
- that the risen Lord Jesus will come again to bring justice and give us eternal life
We live now in between these two truths with our faith placed firmly in what Jesus has accomplished and with our hope in what he has promised. In this way Jesus shapes and drives everything about who we are and what we do. We know that Jesus is Saviour of the world and we know he will come as Judge of the world.
Our Purpose – Growing People Passionate for Christ
Because God’s perfect plans and purposes are all fulfilled in Jesus, then we want to put Jesus first in our church family and in our lives. For us this means we want to be growing people passionate for Christ.
This expresses our mission and purpose together – that we would be growing new people who are passionate and devoted disciples of the Lord Jesus.
It also describes our identity at Northmead Anglican Churches; we are growing people who are passionate and devoted disciples of the Lord Jesus. We want to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and we want to see others come to know and love him too.
Our Prayer – Growing the Gospel
That we would glorify God by living his word, loving his people and leading the lost to Christ
- So under God we would be a church of 700 people in 7 years
- By multiplying gospel preaching, gospel communities and gospel workers
- A church strong in faith, generous in love and joyful in hope
- Growing through ‘each one reach one’
Our Strategy – Gather > Grow > Give > Go
At Northmead Anglican we believe that being part of church means being passionate disciples of Jesus Christ who are committed to gathering, growing, giving and going. As a church family we know that everyone is part of God’s purpose to share his love and bring glory to Jesus Christ. We are all partners together in the gospel as we:
Gather through gospel proclamation
- gathering together as a community in Christ around God’s word
- gathering the lost through sharing Jesus and inviting them to church
Grow through gospel discipleship
- growing personally in faith, love and godliness
- growing others by serving them with the word of God
Give in gospel community and partnership
- giving our whole lives to Jesus in worship and obedience
- giving our time, resources and money in gospel partnership
Go in gospel mission
- going out into our community and across cultures with the love of Christ
- going and sending disciple-makers to Sydney, Australia and the world