1. Christianity Explored
Christianity Explored is a great opportunity to find out about who Jesus is, why he came and what it means to follow him. It’s especially designed for people who are not that familiar with the Christian message. If you’re still interested in coming along, you’d be very welcome.
Date: Tues, May 2nd (for 6 Weeks)
RSVP: Let us know via your connection card, or message Josh R (0424 163 010)
2. 645 Training
At 645 we want to go hard at training each other for a lifetime of serving Christ and his people. That’s why we’re putting on two training courses this term to give people an opportunity to train intensively in a particular area of the Christian life and ministry. Everyone’s welcome.
Date: Sun, May 21st (for 6 Weeks)
1) How to read the bible (Josh R)
2) How to share the gospel (John K & Alex H)
RSVP: Let us know via your connection card.
3. New Audio Equipment
Over the next few weeks at 645 we are wanting to raise enough money to pay for new audio equipment – a new sound desk etc. for everyone at church to use. If everyone at 645 gave $73 as a one off gift, we could make that happen.
Date: Sun, May 21st.
If you want to give via electronic transfer:
Account Name: Northmead Anglican Church
BSB: 062 279
Account No.: 1008 2734
Please indicate in the description 645Sound.
* May not be an exact representation of the sound system we are intending to purchase.
The 645 Women are heading along to the EQUIP conference again this year. If you want to check out what it’s all about go to https://www.equip.org.au/women
Date: Saturday, May 27th.
Time: Meeting at 2.30pm at Church. Heading along to the twilight session (3.45-8.15pm)
Cost: $69 (Until the 10th May) $75 after that.
RSVP: via Facebook, or message Rach Sutton (0433 424 908)
5. Stretch Night – The Sacraments
This month’s Stretch night will be on the Sacraments, particularly Holy Communion. What are the Sacraments? What is happening when we share some bread and wine together?
Date: Wednesday, May 24th.
6. Northmead Winter Appeal (30th April – 21st May)
During the month of May, we are partnering with Anglicare to help those in need. We will go into our local community and shopping centres to ask people to give towards Anglicare’s Winter Appeal.
There are three key areas you and your Gospel Team can be involved:
- Donate yourself (Sun 30th April – Sun 14th May) – food, clothing, and blankets etc. Bring your items to the church and place them in the Winter Appeal buckets.
- Letterbox appeal postcards (Round 1: Sat 6th – Sun 14th May; Round 2: Sat 13th – Sun 21st May) – On the first weekend you place a Northmead Winter Appeal postcard in letterboxes in certain streets of Northmead and Winston Hills. The following weekend you knock on those doors with members of your Gospel Team and say you’re collecting food (as listed on the Appeal postcard) for the Winter Appeal. We will have Thank-you Packs for everyone (see below).
- Donations from Northmead and Winston Hills shoppers (Round 1: 11-13 May; Round 2: 18-20 May) – We plan to have tables set up outside a few shops in Northmead and Winston Hills. Members of Gospel Teams or groups of friends are rostered to stand behind the tables, giving a Winter Appeal Shopping Lists to shoppers, inviting them to contribute certain food items towards Anglicare’s Winter Appeal.